Skillmates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skillmates: A Mature Skilling Clan on Runescape.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» The Rules for SkillMates
How voting works EmptyThu Jul 14, 2016 8:29 pm by Chief Popeye

» Skillmates Founders
How voting works EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:30 pm by Chief Popeye

» Thinking of Joining Skillmates?
How voting works EmptyThu Nov 19, 2015 1:36 pm by SweeetViolet

» USER NAMES - Registering on Site
How voting works EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 6:49 am by Big Ole Bear

» How voting works
How voting works EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 2:10 pm by treemaid

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

You are not connected. Please login or register

How voting works

+4
treemaid
Tessinator
Vicaress
Chief Popeye
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How voting works Empty How voting works Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:57 pm

Chief Popeye

Chief Popeye
Chief Noob (Clan Leader & Co-Founder)

After much debate and discussion these are the rules pertaining to voting on a person for full membership.

All new members once recruited are automatically ranked as recruits, after one week they are auto promoted to Corporal. At the 30 day point they are up for vote on Sergeant and full membership.

All clan members with rank of Sergeant and above are eligible to vote on a candidate. All votes will be held in citadel meeting room and the candidate is not allowed to be in attendance for vote. Also no members in attendance at vote should congratulate or offer condolences to candidate until official results are announced.

In order for a candidate to pass their vote 2/3 of those in attendance must vote yes on them becoming a full member. If 1/3 in attendance or more vote no on candidate becoming a full member, there is no second vote. The candidate will politely be asked to exit the cc.

If anyone has issues with a candidate prior to them coming up for vote, please inform an admin, as we want the cc to be a fun place to hang out and enjoy each others company.

The admin team will meet prior to each vote and discuss any candidates that have received complaints against them prior to the clan vote being conducted. If its decided the candidate isn't a good fit then vote will be canceled.

If anyone has questions about anything not covered in here, in regard to voting on a new member, please post them below.

2How voting works Empty Re: How voting works Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:41 am

Vicaress

Vicaress
Admin and Co-Founder

Thank you Chuck for the post. Well said.

3How voting works Empty Re: How voting works Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:20 am

Tessinator

Tessinator

I have a few questions...not surprising huh....sorry. But you know me, I just like to have it all cleared in my head and not be thrown for any loops!

I do not agree with the part of the admins deciding if a vote can be cancelled. Somewhere along the line, it would have to be stated why.
I think it would be better if those issues of someone not being a good fit were brought out during the voting time. Give everyone a few minutes to digest why they may not be a good fit and then let the group decide. If you take away the voting from the group, then it is not a group decision. If they are truly not a good fit, they will get over the 1/3 no vote.

Another concern, which I am sure is why the admins put in the vote will be canceled if not a good fit. What if someone has already been voted in, or even an old fuddie like myself, starts to become a problem. Do we have a plan in place to have them removed from CC?

By the way, I love the people in our clan! It is an awesome place to hang out!!!

4How voting works Empty Re: How voting works Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:54 pm

treemaid

treemaid

I have a question:
I don't actually know the mechanics of how voting in a citadel works, but I assume there's some sort of in-game facility/tool for that, since Charlotte mentioned 'Jagex'? (Sorry, still really ignorant about citadels).

Related to that, I do realise that the majority of members here are from USA time zones, which probably works really well for them if voting is all at a prearranged time in the citadel, but has some sort of provision to vote 'in absentia' been considered for those for whom getting to that vote would be unrealistic due to time differences, or even if they simply can't make it for some other reason, but would still like to vote?

5How voting works Empty Re: How voting works Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Shannon6

Shannon6
Founder

Good question, Trina! But I think you either there or not. I would, however, really like to be able to vote by proxy, too, since I am always in school or studying in the evening!

6How voting works Empty Re: How voting works Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:31 am

Chief Popeye

Chief Popeye
Chief Noob (Clan Leader & Co-Founder)

Starting with Trina's question, there are "vote boxes" located in the meeting tent in the clan camp and a box in each of the meeting rooms in the citadel. I'm not entirely certain at the moment who can start a vote, but it is fairly simple. Clicking the box opens up a pop up where ranks allows to vote can be set as well as the time limit on the box. You don't have to be standing at the box to cast a vote, only be in the room. And all in attendance are able to see results as votes come in.

As far as proxy votes go, we have accepted them in the past. The person would have to state their vote intentions to 2 Admins at the same time, typically in an FC, so that the vote topic(s) can be explained without more than the person requesting to vote in absentee asking any vote related questions. Two Admins are required so there is no dispute on how the person voted.

Now to answer Tess's questions. If the admin team receives a complaint about anyone it gets posted in Admin Only area on this site. An Admin (other than the one posting report) will speak to the person receiving a complaint against them and address the issue. it's not a full member and there are multiple complaints (not setting a number) against that person and/or they continue their offensive behavior after being warned about it, the admin team will meet and make a decision for the well being of the clan. If the decision is made that that person would be better off not being a part of Skillmates, then they will be asked to "Leave" the clan.

If its a full member and they receive complaints against them, they too will be warned about their actions and if the offensive behavior continues, they too would be subject to removal from the clan as well.

All Admins have the ability to remove someone from the CC temporarily if someone is being offensive in the CC, however every attempt should be made to stop the actions/comments either by PM or in the CC itself.

7How voting works Empty Re: How voting works Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:07 am

treemaid

treemaid

Thanks for that explanation Chuck.
I'm just thinking, for me at least I'd find it a lot easier to simply pm my vote choices to two admin on these boards, rather than hope to get two of you into a FC in game at the same time when I happen to be on, which might be trickier. Would it be possible to vote in absentia that way?

8How voting works Empty Re: How voting works Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:42 pm

Skillmates Site Admin

Skillmates Site Admin
Founder

yes Trina. If you will send a PM on this site to two admins we will see that your vote is cast accordingly.

https://skillmates.forumotion.com

9How voting works Empty Re: How voting works Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:11 pm

justcjnow

justcjnow
Admin

Thanks for clearing up the voting process and how it works. I don't want to start an argument or step on any toes but I also believe that we should be able to state in the meeting room any issues we have with an individual before the vote starts. I don't mean a full-blown discussion or full detail of who said what but just our opinion. I personally don't have a problem with anyone voted on so far but maybe others have. Just a thought maybe give a couple mins while box resets to get out any issues. I don't think it would change anyone's vote by speaking about it inside the meeting. I realize the voting process is long already but as we are not actively recruiting we shouldn't have many votes per meeting anyways.

P.S.
Keep up the good work admins your effort is greatly appreciated by us all! Very Happy

10How voting works Empty Re: How voting works Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Big Ole Bear

Big Ole Bear
Admin

any vote to be had will be posted on well in advance. If someone would have an issue with 1 of the players being voted on I would hope it would be brought to an admins attn well before that vote time so we could address the issue.Not wait until vote time to voice an issue.

11How voting works Empty Re: How voting works Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:10 pm

treemaid

treemaid

Thanks Charlotte Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum